A little about Me

Hi I'm Michael

I study at Central Queensland University in Rockhampton, this Blog is set up as apart of my assessment for a class, Managing E-Learning. In this Blog I will be analysing elearning tools and methodology presented to the class. I invite anyone inside and outside the University to comment, review and especially give some constructive criticism. Anything someone has to say all will help me learn.


Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wikis

Wikis are pages set up for people to share information, they're kinder like a word document where anybody can change, add and take information. In a learning setting wikis can encourage students work with other students that have never met, whether there not very social or the some students work from home or in a different town/city. Wikis can be used by the teachers to put up a reading, homework task and give feedback to the students without have to talk to them.
The wikis can show the thinking patterns of students and how well the students are working together, plus the teacher will know how far the students are into a project and can see when the students get stuck. Since everyone is a lifelong learner wikis are a tool for students to keep on using throughout their lives.

Click Here to view my wiki about the advantages and disadvantages of wikis

No comments:

Post a Comment