A little about Me

Hi I'm Michael

I study at Central Queensland University in Rockhampton, this Blog is set up as apart of my assessment for a class, Managing E-Learning. In this Blog I will be analysing elearning tools and methodology presented to the class. I invite anyone inside and outside the University to comment, review and especially give some constructive criticism. Anything someone has to say all will help me learn.


Sunday, August 15, 2010

Big 6

1. Task Definition
1.1 Define the information problem
1.2 Identify information needed

2. Information Seeking Strategies
2.1 Determine all possible sources
2.2 Select the best sources

3. Location and Access
3.1 Locate sources (intellectually and physically)
3.2 Find information within sources

4. Use of Information
4.1 Engage (e.g., read, hear, view, touch)
4.2 Extract relevant information

5. Synthesis
5.1 Organize from multiple sources
5.2 Present the information

6. Evaluation
6.1 Judge the product (effectiveness)
6.2 Judge the process (efficiency)

by Mike Eisenberg and Bob Berkowitz


As you can see the Big 6 is a problem solving model, it has six easy to follow steps. If students were taught a framework to solve problems like this from a young age it would help to solve problems there whole life. As you can see I like the Big 6 a fair bit and I don't see any downsides.

To find out more out the Big 6 Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment